Joint CSIR-UGC Test For Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Lectureship: June 2011
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
National Eligibility Test (NET)
Joint CSIR-UGC Test For Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Lectureship – 19th June, 2011
Advertisement No.10-2(5)/2011(i) - E.U.II
CSIR will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test on 19th June, 2011 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF + Lectureship’ both or for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the O.M.R Application Form/Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates applying for ‘JRF + LS’ for ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available& performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion . If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only.
Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF - NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET). The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable as per the eligibility criteria of that Scheme/Project. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship. They will be eligible to pursue Ph.D. programme with or without any fellowship other than JRF-NET. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of August, 2011 and fellowship to successful candidates could be awarded from 01.01. 2012.
Subject of The Test:
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
- Chemical Sciences,
- Earth Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
M.Sc. or Equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned in para 2.1 above, with minimum 55% marks for General & OBC candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.
A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (Last Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. OR equivalent Degree Examination in subjects mentioned in para 2.1 above during the academic Session 2010-2011. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year(Last Semester where Semester system is there) M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination. However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.
- For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2011 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(Non Creamy Layer), Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
- For LS (NET): Minimum 19 years, as on 01.01.2011. No upper age limit.
Date of Examination:
The MCQ Test paper will be held in one session on Sunday, the 19th June 2011. The scheme of Examination is as under
|Single MCQ||200||10.00AM-1.00PM||3 hrs|
Syllabus of Test:
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A,B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
- Part 'A' shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude.
- Part 'B' shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part 'C' shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
- A negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per scheme of Exam.
The test will be held at 26 Centres spread all over India, as specified below:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
How To Apply:
- The information Bulletin and Application form may also be obtained through Value Payable Post(V.P.P.) from the Indian Bank, 3/1, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi - 110 008, by sending a crossed Demand draft for Rs. 400/-, Rs. 200/- or Rs.100/-(as the case may be) drawn in favour of “Indian Bank, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi. For this purpose, the candidate should send a request to the Bank with TWO self-addressed slips clearly mentioning the address at which he/she desires the Information Bulletin & Application Form to be sent by Value Payable Post (V.P.P.) As above mentioned Bank will entertain the request for forms through post from Tuesday, the 1st March, 2011 to Wednesday, the 23rd March, 2011 only, hence, candidates are advised to send well in advance so as to reach their request within the above said period. The candidate should write his/her name, Date Of Birth, address, date of Examination (19.06.2011) and subject code on the back of the Demand Draft so that it can be located easily, if it gets detached accidentally from the letter of request for supply of Information Bulletin. However, before attaching the draft with letter of request, the candidates should check that it bears the code number of the issuing bank and drawee bank and also amount and signatures of issuing authority.
- Apply Through Online: Interested & eligible candidates may apply for this test Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in . In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Date of Single MCQ Examination 19.06.2011
Date of close of On-Line submission of Applications (at All stations): 31.03.2011
Last date of receipt of completed application forms (including duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit): 05.04.2011
Start of dispatch of Admission Certificate to eligible candidates: last week of May, 2011